Zephyr expansion: Rise of the steam castles No ratings yet.

Home Forums Zephyr: Winds of Change Zephyr Expansion Ideas Zephyr expansion: Rise of the steam castles

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Swordai Swordai

Badge icon "Approve (330)" provided by The Noun Project under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC BY 3.0)
Badge icon "Approve (330)" provided by The Noun Project under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC BY 3.0)
1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Swordai
    Swordai
    Participant

I have gotten this idea from watching steamboy and some other steampunk animes over the last 2weeks.

But yea this expansion would give the folowing:
      1 playable ship
      3 missions
      3 assigments
      2 upgrades of each tier
      3 crew members
      5 round steam castle boards
      5 moveable rings to place around the castle boards.
      2 regions
      2 commanders

Where most of these cards resolve around expansion beneficial effect. or make it harder ^^

So whats the expension about? well besides enemy ships,commanders and the warlords u would now battle flying castles powererd by steam as well.

Each caste would have its own banner design,colors, name and focus on an aspect of the game.
      For example a heavy attack caste, maneuver and tech caste. an easier castle to learn and a well all round hard castle.

The idea would be that u would have a round caste at its core. And a moveable outer ring.
      How to explain this… When u engage a flying caste. U have to choose which of the 4spots u attack in order to be able to break trough to the castle core.

So picture a circle with a cross + And each battle turn the outer ring moves. Forcing u to suround the caste a lil at start. While attacking the outer ring u can opt to destroy the hull to break trough to middle or stop the steam valves to stop its movement. u can also agree that once a part hull is destroyed… that it cannot attack u no more.

So for the castle fighting back. the middle part can attack and target players. and the outer ring targets anyone in range or roll if they are able to self repair in a turn.

Well these are the basics of the steam castle expansion ideas. Allot of how it would work and how each caste work and the cards in the game to be used can be discussed and some put into a pledge manager system reward.

U never know until u try!

Profile photo of Jon
      Jon
      Keymaster

This would be a competitive mode of the game with an attack and defend mechanism?

Profile photo of Swordai
        Swordai
        Participant

Well it could be. But the main idea would be to add another type of enemey u could encounter that brings a whole new battle to zephyr. and also gives chanche for better rewards. Cuz ur killing a flying steam castle.

Example in the picture: the 4players below did the event criteria and as final thing they have to draw and deafeat a steam castle. They draw this one.

The arrows on the caste board shows how many areas of defence the ships has.
          The hull upgrades i placed on my badly drawn black circle are each outer ring defences.
          the guns means that that side will get a roll for damage or repairs or etc…
          And the engines are what power the outer ring to move and can for example be destroyed by direct attacks only. doing so however stops the castle from turning around.

the players decide here to split the team up into 3teams
          :2 ships in area 1.
          And the ones in area 2 and 4 fight on there own.

Since no ships are in area 3 nothing much there will happen

Each outer ring has 2hull upgrades. if those are destroyed… the weapon on that board also gets destroyed. if ppl do damage to the grey engings in 1and 4 and destroy those… the castle outer ring stops moving.

u could scale everything and make easy steam castles to hard steam castles.

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.

Profile photo of Swordai
          Swordai
          Participant

Wazaa back again. last Monday i couden’t find ppl to playtest with. So i did a game on my own and deicded to toy around with tabletop a lil more :p i came across and intresting game room to actually play test a battle against a steam castle..

so yea heres the video xp do not that the centre isen’t supposed to move at all times… but i had to turn all to make it easier…

And sorry for my silent voiche… somehow voiche capture is less loud for me then the sound of other players…

I preparred a 4 player battle and gave em each 180 scrap. and errr 1 or 2 hull upgrades.

Heres the link:

http://plays.tv/video/574c85ae213dc166d8/zephyr-steam-castle-test

Also don’t mind the castle size xp altrough u could make is as large xp
            to flair each castle id give them a personal flag somwhere xp

And i need to plan what i say abbit better… before talking… xp

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of Swordai Swordai.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.