The Next Portal Dragon Game No ratings yet.

Home Forums General Discussion The Next Portal Dragon Game

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Swordai Swordai

Badge icon "Approve (330)" provided by The Noun Project under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC BY 3.0)
Badge icon "Approve (330)" provided by The Noun Project under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC BY 3.0)
1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Keymaster

What should we make next. We have allot of ideas in the pipe, but the most valuable opinions come from our customers. So lets hear it.

Profile photo of Pwyll Dementia
      Pwyll Dementia
      Participant

Well, that depends on the age range, target audience, so on….
        I’ve whipped up a deck builder (to much a dominion clone) a card draft, a card bid. Sadly all are for kids.
        Its the ones for adults I find hard.
        steam punk worker placement perhaps on airships or castles.

Profile photo of Jon
        Jon
        Keymaster

Sure, those are good ideas. It does not need to be in the Zephyr setting. We are also looking for what types of games people would like to see. We have a long list of half-baked ideas but want to know what our community think, likes, and wants to play.

Pwyll Dementia
          Participant

True, true. Was looking at cavern tavern before posting here, so brain was in worker placement mode.
            there is not enough games with a circus theme. One of my W.I.Ps is a fantasy circus (mostly monster acts, but I’m thinking of all acts Elven sword eaters. id like to go deck build but I’m not finding the rhythm.
            Alchemy (potions) worker placement, unless it’s done. Great now parts of this one is forming in the brain…
            I also have a mother of all clue games in my head (all suspects, rooms and weapons) the board would be ridiculous and would take to long for 2-6 players.
            what is your target audience?

Profile photo of Tony Graham
            Tony Graham
            Participant

Zephyr of the seas…. I love the zephyr engine and could really see that adopted to naval ships. My boy and I have been looking for a good Naval game that isn’t just historical simulation. One with upgrades and unique designs, abilities, and weapons. You Guys may have a unique enough world to do a vastly different style of “Dungeon Crawler.” Instead of Dungeons you could play downed Zephyr captains trying to escape or find certain items, kill certain marauders in all the different zephyr locations. I don’t think I have seen a good steam punk crawler.

Profile photo of Swordai
              Swordai
              Participant

Well yea u could expend on the zephyr universe.

Well i do like swords and dragons and a game with lots af playable charecters ^^ so somewhere in the line of that.

U never know until u try!

Pwyll Dementia
                Participant

A martial arts game, not enough of those only Kung Fu Fighting and Cookie Fu.
                  a good dungeon delve could work.

Profile photo of Swordai
                  Swordai
                  Participant

pwyll that takes me back to another game i liked on ps1. where u had to fight enemies with fight like moves :p
                    u had to press in the attack combos with the arrows. and if u did a combo specific to ur char u did more damage :p

Pwyll Dementia
                    Participant

intriguing… I was more of a rp person, Dragon Quest, Wild Arms

Swordai, not sure if you do the Anime but Zephyr reminds me of Last Exile

Profile photo of Swordai
                      Swordai
                      Participant

i do. well i diden’t knew about last exile. But i looked for steam punk based animes and i watched the first season of it.
                        quitte a good one it was.

Also steamboy is a nice steampunk related one. yet sadly its only 1 movie

Pwyll Dementia
                        Participant

It’s more airships to steampunk. I have found very few so if you would share some names.
                          Maybe a thing on drag queens or racing. I know drag racing you really can’t run in heels. That was a joke. I’v run of game ideas i haven’t started working on, excluding a Fablehaven based game.

Profile photo of Swordai
                          Swordai
                          Participant

http://myanimelist.net/featured/1299

That the site where i found animes that are steampunk related.

Also this game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skies_of_Arcadia

That game had awesome airship battles into it… and i have never rly seen an rpg done like that…
                            It can even stand up to Final Fantasy games. It was awesome… allas i was a lil brat and messed up my copy of the game… and sold my console…
                            Someday i will rebuy the game and a console just to play it. but for now i have zephyr ^^

Pwyll Dementia
                            Participant

I think i played that game… was the first boss a guy with fist weapons? he whooped my posterior.
                              All those half baked ideas could be put up here so we can over bake then….

Pwyll Dementia
                              Participant

You could put up the settings (monster trucks, super heroes, etc.) and let us go, “hell yea, we want super heroes!”

Profile photo of Swordai
                                Swordai
                                Participant

yea there allot of awesome themes out there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.