Rise of Zephyr – an extended zephyr campaign No ratings yet.

Home (old) Forums Zephyr: Winds of Change Zephyr Expansion Ideas Rise of Zephyr – an extended zephyr campaign

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jon Jon

1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tony Graham
    Tony Graham
    Participant
    Badge icon "Approve (330)" provided by The Noun Project under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC BY 3.0)

I know this might get confusing with me typing it out but hopefully I can explain as great it is in my mind!

So, you would have a campaign card (Rise of Zephyr) that had 5 missions on it and you would track those missions like you do days on mission cards.

5 mission cards (that could also be played as one shots) 10 new assignment, skirmish, scavenge cards, and enemy cards, 5 new commander, 1 new warlord. (obviously these amounts can change for price reasons) maybe a few new tech cards.

Background….. Basically the Zephyr story… A small group of captains was formed to fend of the marauders…

each mission would be more complex than the last and how you did on each mission would determine what new cards would be put into the skirmish, scavenge and enemy decks.

So first mission you start with only one hull upgrade and the mission would probably be like 5 tier one days to build up your ship a little. At the end fight the mission 1 commander. If you complete the mission one objective then a new skirmish and scavenge card would be placed into the deck. A failed mission and different scavenge and skirmish card would be placed into the deck. So you advanced to mission 2 whether you complete the objectives or not. But, the rewards are less next round if you do not succeed. Also the enemy you add would differ depending on failure or success. You keep everything you have earned and advanced to the next mission. Keep going until you fight the final campaign warlord.

All cards could then be used as normal after the campaign or just be added in for any one shot mission.

Hope this makes sense. I haven’t ironed out every mission but they would all form to tell the zephyr story from the KS campaign.

Tony Graham
      Participant
      Badge icon "Approve (330)" provided by The Noun Project under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC BY 3.0)

I said tech cards but meant upgrade cards….

missions:
        Welcome Aboard – easy – main focus is to start upgrading ships

The threat is real – easy but enemies pick it up

Tide is turning – medium enemies have the advantage on this one

We need a hero – hard – strong enemies – good loot

The admiral’s grip – very Hard -fight special warlord (Admiral Bones) for the win

Also winning a mission gives you bonus scrap….

Tony Graham
        Participant

You could actually release several campaign expansions in this style. It would be an easy way to incorporate a truly engaging campaign while adding in new cards for one shots or homemade campaigns.

Profile photo of Jon
          Jon
          Keymaster

Great ideas. We would love to do more with the Zephyr world. “Stand alone” expansions are a great idea and something we are for sure looking at. Especially if like this one it brings new ways to play.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.